EM2 Series Chain Actuator
Centered chain orientation actuator.
- Ideal for smart buildings; integrates with building and home automation systems
- Low voltage DC motors are energy efficient
- Multiple actuators may be linked for simultaneous operation of multiple windows
- Push/Pull Force up to 300 N (67 lbf)
- Chain stroke from 327mm up to 810mm
- UL Recognized
- For automated operation of awning windows, hopper windows, casement windows, curtain wall vents, and skylights.
- For commercial, institutional and residential projects, including schools, universities, municipal buildings, offices, gymnasiums, homes, condos, and more.
- Natural Ventilation systems, such as operable windows and skylights, save energy and lower operating costs by reducing air conditioning and heating use.
- LEED credits for green building projects can be earned under Indoor Environmental Quality for Natural Ventilation, Daylighting and Views.
- Smoke Evacuation systems reduce smoke, heat and casualties during a fire; AFI actuators are SHE certified.
Features & Benefits
- EM2 actuators are medium duty operators, with compact casing and low noise operation.
- Push force: Up to 300N (67 lbf)
- Pull force: 300N (67 lbf)
- Actuator has stainless steel chain for rigidity and durability; Chain is centered in casing.
- Can be concealed in frame or curtain wall
- UL Recognized
- Actuators available in Grey, White or other RAL colors
- Prewired with 3.1 meter cable
- Tested to 10,000 cycles
Opening: Chain stroke from 327mm up to 810mm Force: Up to 67 lbf. (300 N) push/pull force Speed: approximately 9 mm (0.354 inch) per second Safety Marks: UL Recognized Use with: AFI UL Actuator & Control System DC voltage: 24 Vdc (-20% / +25%) low voltage Amp rating: 0.8 amps approx. at 300N full load Power cable: UL cable 3 meter included, black color Dimensions: 40 x 40 mm (1-9/16” H x 1-9/16” W ) x length varies with chain 810(S) model: 810 mm chain, low force, high speed, see Data Sheet Signal feedback: status signal open and closed available, See Accessories Data Sheet Brackets: Sold separately, see EM Brackets & Accessories Data Sheet
- Available in standard grey, white, black or other color
- Other RAL colors on request, see accessory data sheet
- UL cable 3 meter included, black color
- Brackets sold separately, see EM Brackets Data Sheet
AFI Field Power Switch: For use with AFI DC Actuators, for testing, installation and maintenance, such as to extend the chain to attach to a window at installation. For connecting one to 3 actuators (up to 1.0 amps total of actuators at startup).
- Tested to 10,000 cycles.
- 2-year manufacturer’s warranty; requires use according to Installation Guide recommendations.